Live-in care is a hugely rewarding role and offers Care Assistants with great flexibility between their placements. Once we have carefully matched you with a suitable person, you will care for that person for a number of weeks before taking a period of leave to return to your friends and family. As well as leave between or during your placements, we provide you will all of the necessary breaks that you need. The majority of our placements will be for one Care Assistant but on occasions we will rotate a week between two Care Assistants on a 3 and 4 day basis.
What is involved in Live-in care:
A large part of Live-in care is about providing support and companionship to the person. You will provide personal and domestic care on a daily basis but it is the time spent talking and laughing together that really makes the difference.
- You are a friendly and kind person who exhibits a genuine empathy for others
- Companionship comes naturally to you
- Caring for people is in your DNA
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Previous paid home care experience.
- Relevant Care Qualification i.e. Fetac/QQI Level 5 (Care Skills and Care of the Older Person)
- Be comfortable living in a person’s home for an extended period of time
- Ability to work alone, use initiative and be mindful of health and safety at all times
- Good listening skills and sensitivity in giving emotional support
- Fluent English
- Willingness to undertake Garda vetting
- Willingness to undergo medical for fit-to-work certification
- €850+ p/week plus holiday pay
- Free accommodation and food during each placement
- We provide all of the training you need before you start
- A caring and supportive team to help you be your best
- Further training and development is provided in-house and online