We are looking for a dedicated, team-orientated and caring person to support the provision of home care services from Friday to Monday each week. This person will act as an on-call field care supervisor to support and manage our team of Health Care Assistants. If you have experience in home care, a full, clean driving licence; if you are passionate about caring for people in their homes and you want to be part of a new, growing team, then we would love to hear from you.
Our Promise to you:
- A 20 hour contract with excellent pay rates
- Excellent career progression prospects
- Ongoing training in-house and online
- Our office has a relaxation area open to all our team to help you relax during the day
Your primary role will be to cover the out of hours phone calls during the weekend period and support the provision of care for any absence during the period. As well as coordinating care, from time to time you will be required to deliver the requirements of the customer care plan, performing identified care duties and promoting client comfort, dignity and well-being within a customer’s home.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Previous paid home care experience
- On-call or supervisor experience is desirable but not essential
- Relevant Care Qualification i.e. Fetac/QQI Level 5 (Care Skills and Care of the Older Person)
- A full EU driving license and access to a car
- Ability to work weekends
- Highly reliable with excellent time keeping abilities
- Ability to work alone, use initiative and be mindful of health and safety at all times
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good listening skills and sensitivity in giving emotional support
- Fluent English
- Willingness to undertake Garda vetting
- Good general health, willing to undergo medical if required
- Essential qualities of a Health Care Assistant include having a genuine concern for others and having the ability to demonstrate kindness, compassion and patience and a respect for confidentiality, always.